Scarfone & Geen, P.C. is a premier civil defense firm representing insurance carriersincluding Fortune 500 companies and self-insured enterprises in a variety of complex litigation matters. The attorneys at our firm offer more than 272 years of combined litigation and trial experience with many of our lawyers achieving AV-ratings by Martindale-Hubbell.
At Scarfone & Geen, P.C. we focus on delivering the highest quality legal services to our clients. Our attorneys are seasoned trial lawyers who act with the utmost integrity and professionalism in all that they do. We tailor our representation to meet the specific goals and objectives of our clients and are committed to solving difficult legal matters in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
Scarfone & Geen, P.C. has developed a national reputation for providing exceptional legal counsel and representation to members of the insurance industry. Our lawyers advise and defend insurance carriers, corporations and self-insured businesses in Southeast Michigan and beyond and we also work with the many organizations focused on detecting and fighting insurance fraud, including the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB), and Special Investigative Unit (SIU) departments. Our firm’s primary practice areas include:
- Insurance Defense: The attorneys at Scarfone & Geen, P.C. represent clients in a broad range of insurance defense matters, including claims involving automobile and homeowner insurance policies and other general civil liability matters. In particular, we have developed a strong track record of success in defending no-fault automobile cases, including catastrophic claims, and handling non-meritorious and fraudulent claims.
- First Party No-Fault Insurance: For more than 25 years, Scarfone & Geen, P.C. has successfully handled first party no-fault insurance litigation under Michigan’s complex no-fault statute. Our attorneys aggressively defend hundreds of no-fault claims each year from case inception through trial and appeal. We provide comprehensive representation covering all aspects of no-fault litigation, including coverage issues, arising out of issues, necessary medical treatment issues, medical management issues, medical provider issues, scope of chiropractic issues and fraudulent claims.
- Fraudulent Claims: Scarfone & Geen, P.C. is a national leader in pursuing fraudulent claims brought against insurance companies and self-insured entities. We have decades of experience helping our clients detect, prevent and defend against fraudulent and non-meritorious claims, including staged automobile accidents, arson, false theft claims and manufactured/inflated injuries and medical claims. Our attorneys are also at the forefront of insurance fraud law, creating and promoting new rules and procedures aimed at preventing and combatting costly insurance fraud schemes.
- Premises Liability: Our firm has defended insurance companies, landlords, management companies and other parties connected with property ownership in both complex and routine premises liability lawsuits. We are an experienced team of defense attorneys who are prepared to handle a broad range of claims, including slip and falls, food contamination, improper maintenance, building code violations, inadequate security, and other property-related conditions .
- Other Practice Areas: Scarfone & Geen, P.C. defends insurance carriers in connection with bad faith and extra-contractual allegations involving a broad range of insurance policies, including automobile, homeowners and general liability. Our firm understands that bad faith claims are very disruptive and can seriously damage a company’s reputation. When a bad faith or extra-contractual claim arises, our attorneys provide the support and advice our clients need to effectively manage and respond to these types of claims.