Since joining Scarfone & Geen, P.C. in 1991, Mr. Longo has prepared and presented the defense of first and third party actions seeking payment of no-fault and other insurance benefits under Michigan law, gaining extensive and comprehensive experience regarding all aspects of actions seeking payment of benefits made by both insureds and providers of medical and other health care services.
Prior to joining Scarfone & Geen, P.C., Mr. Longo practiced in the areas of medical malpractice defense, business law, and criminal defense.
Professional or Trade Affiliations
State Bar of Michigan
- Negligence Section, State Bar of Michigan
- Litigation Section, State Bar of Michigan
- Masters Lawyers Section, State Bar of Michigan
- Partner, Institute of Continuing Legal Education
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated - Preeminent
- Successfully conceived and directed landmark declaratory action regarding standing of no-fault insurer to present defenses, including violation of statutes outside the no-fault act, to claims for benefits made by providers of health care services to insureds. 2002-2011
- Participated with insurance industry groups in drafting proposed amendments to the Professional Service Corporation Act. 2007
- Counsel of record in case deciding issue of primary-jurisdiction between courts and state agencies regarding standing of no-fault insurer. Psychosocial Service Associates, P.C. v State Farm Mut Auto Ins Co, 279 Mich App 334 (2009).
- Little League Baseball Coach 1996-2003
- Youth Hockey League Team Manager 1996-2003