Stephen C. Madej joined Scarfone & Geen, P.C. in March 2015. Since joining the firm, Mr. Madej has focused his practice in the areas of first and third party no-fault litigation.
Mr. Madej graduated from the University of Michigan Dearborn with a Bachelors of Business in 2011. He went on to obtain his Juris Doctorate from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in 2014, graduating Magna Cum Laude. Throughout law school, he externed for the Civil Rights and Defensive Litigation Units of the United States Attorney’s Office. In addition, Mr. Madej interned at the Genesee County Circuit Court, served as a research assistant, and competed in the ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition. Just after law school, Mr. Madej worked in a Plaintiff’s firm that practiced exclusively in first and third party no-fault litigation.
Thomas M. Cooley Law School
Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, May 2014
- Thomas M. Cooley Law Review, Board of Editors, Symposium Editor
- Moot Court, National Team, Executive Board, Judging and Scoring Committees
- Research Assistant
- Thomas M. Cooley Alumni Association Distinguished Student Award
- Thomas M. Cooley Law Review Dawn C. Beachnau Award
- Thomas M. Cooley Law Review Distinguished Service Award
- ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, Regional Semifinalist
- Certificate of Merit: Research and Writing
- Dean’s List and Honor Roll, All Terms
University of Michigan-Dearborn
Bachelor of Business Administration in General Business/Pre-Law, August 2011
Minor in Information Technology Management
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- State Bar of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Modification of Child Support for Business Owners: Balancing the Interests of the Child with the Means of the Parents, 30 M. Cooley L. Rev. 425 (2013).